This document describes how to create and manage scan credentials in Outpost24 Portal UI.
In the Credentials view, the test credentials that are used for authenticated scanning or scoping can be created and securely managed.
The Credentials is accessible through Appsec in OUTSCAN or HIAB or by the portal.
To add credentials to an account, the account first need to be created in OUTSCAN.
See Manage Users for more information on adding user accounts.
There are several ways to login to the Outpost24 Portal UI:
- From OUTSCAN
- From a HIAB
- or directly to the Outpost24 Portal
OUTSCAN and HIAB
- To launch the OUTSCAN application, open a browser and navigate to
To connect to a HIAB, open a browser and enter the assigned network address
Use HTTPS protocol.
- Log in using your credentials.
- To access the Outpost24 common Portal , go to Main Menu > Portal.
Open a browser and navigate to
The Portal is only reachable via HTTPS.
Enter your credentials and click on the blue arrow button to log in.
Click the account icon in the upper right corner.
The account icon varies depending on the username name.
- Click Credential to display the available credentials on the account.
- Log in to OUTSCAN.
- In the Portal, click the Account button in the upper right corner.
- Click the Credentials box.
- Click + Add credentials.
Setting up Credentials
- In the drop-down menu, select the type of credentials you want to add.
The following types of credentials are available:
- Depending on what type of credential you select, various options are displayed. Fill in the relevant information for each row.
The example shows Basic Credentials.
- Select the credential type from the following drop-down menu.
- Security Question
- Member number
- Security Answer
- Phone Number
- First Name
- Last Name
- Add a values for the selected credentials.
Credentials of type Password, PIN, Security answer, and Token are masked in the view:
Click the View icon to temporary unmask the credential.
To edit the credentials,
- Click on Edit.
- The Edit credentials window is displayed.
- Edit the details and click Save.
To permanently delete user credentials:
- Click on Delete.
- Verify by clicking on the red delete button.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.