This article describes how to add, remove and edit tags on various objects in the Portal.
Tagging helps to create more custom filtering options by adding specific tags to various entities. Customize each view by adding or removing the tags and by applying filters. Each view has a Filter and Settings panel. To access it, click the Filter icon in the bar spanning along the left edge of the table. This displays the Filter and Settings panel. Inside the Filter and Settings panel, it is possible to add or remove columns, apply filters, save sorting order, and column width and make it persist on your account.
Managing the Tags
Adding a Tag to a Object
- Add tags by right-clicking on the object and click the Edit tags icon in the menu.
- The Edit tags form is displayed.
- Enter a tag name in the Search tags row. Available tags matching the search criteria is listed.
- Select one of the available tags, or click the CREATE NEW TAG button to create a new tag.
- Click the SUBMIT button to save the new tag and attach it to the object.
The colon character ":", splits the content of the tag into a key and a value. Thus allowing a granular search for the occurrences of tags containing the search word in the key or in the value. Tags that do not contain a colon are handled as keys.
Input format: Key:value or Key
When the added tags are:
Searching for aws results in all 3 entries.
Whereas, searching for aws: results in tags with aws string as the key.
To find the values containing the phrase, prefix it with colon. Searching for :aws results hosting:aws only.
Examples of a valid tag format:
Edit a Tag on an Object
Editing a is the same as adding a Tag.
- Edit tags by right-clicking on the object and click the Edit tags icon in the menu.
- Follow the same steps as in Adding a tag to a object.
Removing Tags from Object
- Click on the X directly on the tag in the row to remove it from that object.
- Right click on a object and select Edit Tags in the menu.
- Click on the X on the displayed tag.
- A new dialog is displayed with the tag marked in red.
- Click SUBMIT to remove the tag from the object.
This removes the tag from the object, but it is still available from the tags list. For more information, see Tags.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.