Release Date: 2023-05-23
Upcoming update for Netsec Users
It has likely not escaped anyone's notice that things have been a little quiet on the Netsec side. But we have been working exceptionally hard behind the scenes to introduce the Netsec capabilities into the Portal, the UI currently used for our Appsec products.
Over the coming months more capabilities will be added and we are beginning the onboarding process for customers to move over to the Portal UI. The transition will be gradual, and customers will be moved individually when all of the capabilities they require have been implemented to the Portal UI.
We are also making the whole Vulnerability Management process more streamlined with less 'clicks' required. There will be some changes in terminology and workflow, but its far simpler to manage and a greatly improved user experience. New features are introduced along the way, such as Tags, along with the necessary Tag Manager, support for Webhooks, and much more.
As our business grows, and with more customers joining us, it has been necessary to grow our infrastructure accordingly to ensure we can continue to offer an ever-improving level of service to our customers.
To meet these needs, it has been necessary to extend the IP range from which scanning may originate.
The additional IPv6 range from which scans may originate is:
This is in addition to our existing network range of:
These IP ranges are exclusive to Outpost24, and any IPS whitelisting for PCI ASV scans should include these new ranges.
Naming convention update
In our ongoing efforts to ensure a unified experience across all our products, the "Web Applications" dashboard has been renamed to "Asset groups". Despite the name change, the functionalities of this section remain unchanged.
- New action in Scans: "View related findings". When applying the action, users are redirected to a pre-filtered list with the findings present at the time of the scan.
- We're excited to announce the reintroduction of the context menu for tables! This feature brings back the convenience and efficiency of accessing key table-related actions with just a right-click:
- Users can now select their preferred landing page in their Account preferences:
- Improved how user access can be restricted to asset groups in IAM.
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Fixed an issue where Tags field was empty in XML reports.
- Fixed an issue where users could create empty tags from the Tag Manager.
- Tags in Appstaks, assets, asset groups, findings, and compliance findings are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue where in the Dashboard Risk by provider was unclickable when the value is Unknown.
- Fixed an issue where the request to filter by Category Risk PieChart after clicking by it would crash.
- Refined which assets are included in the sync to UV and excluded PCI only assets from Netsec sync.
- Fixed an issue where filtering by more than one value in Dashboard was not working.
- Fixed an issue in Findings view where it would not load any data if Date column was added.
Fixed an issue where compliance reports no longer included whether an asset was compliant in the summary.
Vulnerability Detection Update
The latest updates are published here Vulnerability Detection Update.
End of Life Announcement
We are announcing the End of Life of the SWAT Classic UI. Due to feedback from customers we have extended the end of Support date for the SWAT Classic UI to the end March 2023.
- Official End of Life date: March 2022.
- Official End of Support date: July 2023.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.