Release Date: 2023-06-27
Upcoming update for Netsec Users
It has likely not escaped anyone's notice that things have been a little quiet on the Netsec side. But we have been working exceptionally hard behind the scenes to introduce the Netsec capabilities into the Portal, the UI currently used for our Appsec products.
Over the coming months more capabilities will be added and we are beginning the onboarding process for customers to move over to the Portal UI. The transition will be gradual, and customers will be moved individually when all of the capabilities they require have been implemented to the Portal UI.
We are also making the whole Vulnerability Management process more streamlined with less 'clicks' required. There will be some changes in terminology and workflow, but its far simpler to manage and a greatly improved user experience. New features are introduced along the way, such as Tags, along with the necessary Tag Manager, support for Webhooks, and much more.
As our business grows, and with more customers joining us, it has been necessary to grow our infrastructure accordingly to ensure we can continue to offer an ever-improving level of service to our customers.
To meet these needs, it has been necessary to extend the IP range from which scanning may originate.
The additional IPv6 range from which scans may originate is:
This is in addition to our existing network range of:
These IP ranges are exclusive to Outpost24, and any IPS whitelisting for PCI ASV scans should include these new ranges.
- Added the possibility of selecting which specific actions a role should be allowed to perform when you select "View and manage". By default, existing users with "View and default" permissions will still have all actions available, but those can be edited at any time:
- Users can not filter by Web Applications for SWAT, Snapshot and Assure findings from the Findings view:
Added support for WinRM when using authenticated scanning for Windows
One of the greatest challenges when scanning Windows devices using SMB has always been the amount of configuration required to make the scan successful, such as ensuring File and Print sharing is enabled, something any security minded user is wary about.
We are therefore pleased to announce that we have now added the ability to run Windows scanning using WinRM instead of SMB, allowing a much more secure configuration of the endpoints while still allowing a vulnerability scan to gather the same data. Currently we will try both WinRM and SMB authentication, and use the best one of the 2 (WinRM if it is available). Moving forward we will be leaning more heavily on the WinRM intuduction to ensure we offer the most secure and reliable scanning ability possible.
Over the coming months we will be refining the WinRM based scanning based on customer feedback and some new capabilities we have planned, and during 2024 we will be looking at removing scanning over SMB as an option, relying solely on WinRM, and will give a minimum of 6 months notice of any plans to depreciate scanning over SMB.
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Fixed small issue with datepicker not being closed when clicking again on date filtering header.
- Fixed issue where managed reports where sometimes corrupted and could not be opened.
- Added context menu to Report Library table.
- Unified the behavior between selecting the checkbox or the row in the Assets filtering pane.
- Fixed an issue when transforming tags by adding more validation to the data being sent from the UI.
- Fixed an issue where using an underscore when filtering scans by status details would return everything instead of the match.
- Fixed an issue where when filtering by date, not all data from the end date was returned.
- Added informational message when setting invalid validUntil date when creating a token.
- Added a "Clear All" button to the bottom of the screen to have a quick way of removing all filtering at once:
- Fixed an issue where assets belonging to multiple Appstaks had wrong category calculations.
- Fixed an issue where Farsight scoring sorting was wrong and findings with 0 score would appear on top of the list when sorting from highest to lowest.
- Fixed small typos in PCI reporting.
- Fixed an issue where configured SMB credentials would not showing up in policy overview.
- Fixed an issue where some users could not log back in after setting "Login activity" Event Notification.
- Improved Splunk performance.
Vulnerability Detection Update
The latest are published here Vulnerability Detection Update.
End of Life Announcement
We are announcing the End of Life of the SWAT Classic UI. Due to feedback from customers we have extended the end of Support date for the SWAT Classic UI to the end March 2023.
- Official End of Life date: March 2022.
- Official End of Support date: July 2023.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.