Release Date: 2023-08-22
Upcoming update for Netsec Users
It has likely not escaped anyone's notice that things have been a little quiet on the Netsec side. But we have been working exceptionally hard behind the scenes to introduce the Netsec capabilities into the Portal, the UI currently used for our Appsec products.
Over the coming months more capabilities will be added and we are beginning the onboarding process for customers to move over to the Portal UI. The transition will be gradual, and customers will be moved individually when all of the capabilities they require have been implemented to the Portal UI.
We are also making the whole Vulnerability Management process more streamlined with less 'clicks' required. There will be some changes in terminology and workflow, but its far simpler to manage and a greatly improved user experience. New features are introduced along the way, such as Tags, along with the necessary Tag Manager, support for Webhooks, and much more.
As our business grows, and with more customers joining us, it has been necessary to grow our infrastructure accordingly to ensure we can continue to offer an ever-improving level of service to our customers.
To meet these needs, it has been necessary to extend the IP range from which scanning may originate.
The additional IPv6 range from which scans may originate is:
This is in addition to our existing network range of:
These IP ranges are exclusive to Outpost24, and any IPS whitelisting for PCI ASV scans should include these new ranges.
- We are thrilled to announce the release of a new feature that offers comprehensive client subscription information, now accessible both in the dashboard and asset view. Users can enjoy real-time insights into active subscriptions, active and inactive assets, historical data, and expiration dates.
New card with subscription information in the dashboard:
New column in the Assets view, shown by default, with active subscription information:
New tab in Asset details with subscription information:
Introduced RBAC for subscriptions. Admin, Operator and Executive have this enabled by default:
- The detail of findings has been redesigned for an improved user experience:
- In an attempt to make user experience better and prevent users from using deprecated views, we have added messages across those deprecated views:
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- In the security policy tab from the user menu, we have changed the enforcement of SSO from a checkbox to a drop-down with the following options: None, Subusers, Superusers, or Subusers & Superusers.
- Fixed an issue where SP SSO would fail with Edge browsers.
- Fixed an issue where a 500 error code would be sent when re-enrolling HIAB.
- Fixed an issue where dynamic groups set up using filters in Reporting Tools were not adding/remove IPs in Target Groups when vulnerabilities relating to these were modified.
- Fixed an issue where actions from the context menu in Compliance findings were not working.
- Reviewed some error messages to conform with API conventions.
Vulnerability Detection Update
The latest updates are published here Vulnerability Detection Update.
End of Life Announcement
- Official End of Life date: March 2022.
- Official End of Support date: July 2023.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.