This document describes how to assign tasks to users.
Assign Task lets you assign a user to mitigate findings. Priority can be set, where P5 is highest by default. The task can be customized in the ticket system to include a due date, add an assignee, and supply additional comments.
There are two types of ticketing systems.
The Internal refers to the default ticketing system which is used in OUTSCAN/HIAB. External systems can be configured in Main Menu > Settings > Integrations tab. For more information see Netsec Integration.
Assigning a Task
To assign a task:
- Go to Main Menu > Netsec > Reporting Tools.
- Select a group in Target Group.
- In the Findings tab, right click on the target and select Assign Task.
- The Assign Task window is displayed.
- Select if the Ticket Type is:
- Selected Findings
- All Findings on Target
- All Listed Findings
- Select Ticket System.
- Set the Priority of the task.
- Set the Due Date or amount of days before the process is due.
- Select the Assignee who will be in charge of the process.
- Leave a Comment to that user in charge.
- Choose if you want to Include vulnerability details in email or not.
- Click Save.
Once saved, the user receives an email notifying them with the task.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.