Netdiscover is an active/passive address reconnaissance tool, mainly developed for those wireless networks without dhcp server, when you are wardriving. It can be also used on hub/switched networks. Built on top of libnet and libpcap, it can passively detect online hosts, or search for them, by actively sending arp requests, it can also be used to inspect your network arp traffic, or find network addresses using auto scan mode, which will scan for common local networks. Additional information about Netdiscover may be found on the developer's website at http://nixgeneration.com/~jaime/netdiscover/
The following custom script may be used to run Netdiscover against a target range.
Steps for use:
- Login to Pwn Pulse, select Scripts from the main drop-down menu.
- Select Add a script, provide an indicative name for example Custom - Netdiscover and select Bash.
In the scripting window, type the following lines and click the Save button.
- Next, select Tasks from the main drop-down menu, then select Add a task.
- On the New Task page, provide an indicative name for the task, for example Run Netdiscover, select the newly created script from the Script drop-down menu, specify a target range ,like 192.168.11.0/24, for the
- For the
Add toparameter, choose to run the task specific to a single sensor selected from the drop-down menu, or to a group of sensors.
- Next, select a Start Time and choose a Frequency how often the task should be run (***). Afterward, click the Save button.
- After the task has completed and assuming the targets were accessible at the time the task was run, the results of the task may be viewed by returning to the Tasks page, then selecting the Results button.
Provided below is an example of what the Results of the task may look like: