Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/) is a free service providing users with software, when installed allows the sharing of files from their computers, tablets, phones, etc. with other persons. Because of the risk associated with this application and the potential for misuse, many organizations may prohibit it.
The following custom script may be used to to identify systems running Dropbox on the local network subnet.
Steps for use:
- Login to Pwn Pulse, select Scripts from the main drop-down menu.
- Select Add a script, provide an indicative name, for example Custom - ArpScan and select Bash.
In the scripting window, type the following lines and click the Save button.
- Next, select Tasks from the main drop-down menu, then select Add a task.
- On the New Task page, provide an indicative name for the task, for example Scan for Dropbox Systems, select the newly created script from the Script drop-down menu.
- For the
Add toparameter, choose to run the task specific to a single sensor selected from the drop-down menu, or to a group of sensors.
- Next, select a Start Time and choose a Frequency how often the task should be run (***). Afterward, click the Save button.
- After the task has completed and assuming the targets were accessible at the time the task was run, the results of the task may be viewed by returning to the Tasks page, then selecting the Results button.
Provided below is an example of what the Results of the task may look like:
© 2023 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.