This document describes the different Netsec scan stages.
The Discovery scan sends packages over multiple protocols. If the scanner gets anything back from the target, the target is confirmed to be alive.
There are six stages.
- Portscan - Sends packages to approximately 5500 ports (default specified port range) for UDP and TCP protocols to find open ports on the target.
- Fingerprint - This stage uses the ports which were found open in the Portscan stage, to see which services are available on the target.
- Scanning - It collects the information from the target such as, platform, directories, and versions.
- Web scan (optional) - This is applicable only for web applications. It crawls over every link found and collects the information about it.
- Detection - Compares the information collected in the scanning phase with the Outpost24 vulnerability database.
- Report - Reports all findings found during the scan.
© 2023 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.