This document describe how to start a verification scan.
Starts a verification scan that checks if the finding still exist on the target.
How to verify a scanned target
Before you start make sure that the Verified column is activated to show the status of the findings.
To activate the column:
- Click on the down pointing arrow in any column heading.
- Select Columns > Verified in the displayed menu.
To verify a scanned target:
- Click on Main Menu > Netsec > Reporting Tools.
- Select a group in Target Group.
- In the Findings tab, right click on the finding that should be scanned and select Verify.
- The Verify Findings window is displayed.
To scan directly select Scan Now in the Scan Scheduling menu, or set up a later scan using the Scan Later function.
Option Description Scan Now Starts a scan immediately. Scan Later Activates the date and time settings to set up a scan at a later time. Cancel Scans Removes a preprogrammed scan.
- Click Save and the scan starts automatically.
After running the verification scan the Verified column status changes reflecting the result of the scan.
|Not verified||The finding has a vulnerability that has not been verified|
|No Longer Present||The vulnerability has been solved and verified|
|Still present||The vulnerability has not been solved, and the vulnerability is still present|
© 2022 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.