© 2021 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
This document describe how to mark a finding as a false positive.
When you want to mark a finding as a false positive because you do not know why the scanner is finding a risk that it is not supposed to pick up on.
Report a False Positive
Before you start make sure that the False Positive column is activated to show the status of the findings.
To activate the column:
- Click on the down pointing arrow in any column heading.
- Select Columns > False Positive in the displayed menu.
To report a false positive:
- Go to Main Menu > Netsec > Reporting Tools.
- Select a group in Target Group.
- In the Findings tab, select the finding to mark as false positive.
Multiple findings can be selected by pressing the CTRL or the SHIFT key while clicking on the findings.
- Right click on finding or groups of findings and select Mark as False Positive.
- The Mark False Positive window is displayed.
- Select if this mark should cover Only this scan or All future scans.
- Select Disable the script in scan policy, if you do not want the script to run again.
- In the Internal Comment window leave comments as to why you think it should be marked as false positive.
- If this comment should be shown in future scans select the Show comment on future findings.
- Comment in Additional information to Outpost24 if you want to inform Outpost24 Vulnerability Research team. This information will be used to further improve the vulnerability database.
- Include blueprints for the Outpost24 Vulnerability Research team.
- And select Send email using external email client.
- Once all of the information is filled out, click Save.
A False Positive will still be listed in the results, but will be marked as a false positive in the exported report.
To unmark an entry as a false positive, select Unmark as False Positive.