© 2021 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
This document describes how to accept a risk so that it does not appear during the scans.
If a risk cannot be mitigated right away, that risk can be accepted so that it will not be picked up by the tool every time a scan runs.
The risk can be accepted for ever or for a short period of time. It is customizable to what ever period of time is needed, if the risk cannot be mitigated right away.
Accepting a Risk
- Go to Main Menu > Netsec > Reporting Tools.
- Select a group in Target Group.
- In the Findings tab, select the finding to accept the risk on.
Multiple findings can be selected by pressing the CTRL or the SHIFT key while clicking on the findings.
- Right click on finding or groups of findings and select Accept Risk.
- The Accept Risk window is displayed.
- Set a time frame for the how long the risks can be accepted:
- For a number of days
- Until a given date
- A risk can either accept for:
- Current Target where the findings currently exist.
- All Currently Selected in Target window.
- All Targets Including New targets added in the system later.
- All target groups of current targets where currently selected targets exist.
- Enter a Comment of why the risk has been accepted and click on Save.
Select any option to accept the risk of this vulnerability for corresponding targets. If this finding is still existing during the next scan, it will automatically import the acceptance settings as of the previous scan.