Release Date: 2023-11-28
Upcoming update for Netsec users
It has likely not escaped anyone's notice that things have been a little quiet on the Netsec side. But we have been working exceptionally hard behind the scenes to introduce the Netsec capabilities into the Portal, the UI currently used for our Appsec products.
Over the coming months more capabilities will be added and we are beginning the onboarding process for customers to move over to the Portal UI. The transition will be gradual, and customers will be moved individually when all of the capabilities they require have been implemented into the Portal UI.
We are also making the whole Vulnerability Management process more streamlined with less 'clicks' required. There will be some changes in terminology and workflow, but its far simpler to manage and a greatly improved user experience. New features are introduced along the way, such as Tags, along with the necessary Tag Manager, support for Webhooks, and much more.
As our business grows, and with more customers joining us, it has been necessary to grow our infrastructure accordingly to ensure we can continue to offer an ever-improving level of service to our customers.
To meet these needs, it has been necessary to extend the IP range from which scanning may originate.
The additional IPv6 range from which scans may originate is:
This is in addition to our existing network range of:
These IP ranges are exclusive to Outpost24, and any IPS whitelisting for PCI ASV scans should include these new ranges.
- To make View Templates more manageable, View templates can now be grouped together:
- Added Status information to Findings in exported reports.
- The Asset Groups pane is now resizable:
- Added the capability to automatically ingest tags from AWS cloud environments when running discoveries from our tool.
- We have made refinements to our REST API which now enables customers to query the findings and assets endpoint and retrieve all data without needing to paginate, or set a row limit, which improves platform resilience and increases the speed of data retrieval from our API.
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Fixed an issue where an e-mail was not being sent out for new users created through Portal IAM.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would crash when managing scan policies with no credentials permissions.
- Greyed out Add User button in IAM for users who do not have such permission to avoid an error being thrown.
- Removed Scan Window field when creating a new schedule from the exporting reports view as it was not necessary for this configuration.
- Added more descriptive errors when there has been an issue creating or editing Webhook integrations.
- Removed Fixed findings from the counts for Top Recommended Actions in the Risk Profile of an asset.
- Added HTTP method and headers to the list of configurations to create Webhook integrations.
- Fixed an issue where Assets could not be loaded when a subgroup had the same tag as parent group.
- Fixed a bug where discovery packet filter allowed packets to pass through even if they did not match the filter.
Vulnerability Detection Update
The latest are published here Vulnerability Detection Update.
End of Life Announcement
Scanning over SSH1
We will no longer be supporting scanning over SSHv1 from March 2024, and will therefore drop support for this and all of the associated ciphers.
- Official End of Life date: September 2023
- Official End of Support date: March 2024
We are announcing the End of Life of the SWAT Classic UI. Due to feedback from customers we have extended the end of Support date for the SWAT Classic UI to the end March 2023.
- Official End of Life date: March 2022
- Official End of Support date: July 2023
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.