Release Date: 2022-02-22
With the February release we are proud to announce the formal beta / MVP launch of the Unified View, a new analytics platform, specifically designed for stakeholders who wish to look at their combined NetSec and AppSec assets in a single place and identify risk based on Farsight data. Currently in Beta, customers will be able to request access via their Account Manager. This release allows customers to:
- View their NetSec assets and vulnerability data.
- View their AppSec assets and vulnerability data.
- View their CloudSec assets and vulnerability data.
- Assess the risk of individual assets, using an A - F risk (A least riskiest, F most riskiest).
- Group assets together into AppStaks and identify risks of these AppStaks.
For more information please see the documentation available in the Knowledge base for the Unified View. As we move closer to GA we will announce the name for this new analytics platform.
- Added the agent version in the About tab for Outscan and HIAB.
- Added a dynamic call home timer.
- Additional Agent Server Improvements.
Agents version update
- Previous agent version
- New agent version
A new compulsory field has now been added when creating a new customer named Sales Account ID. This is to enable a matching of customers with CRM systems.
If no relationship is required, the field will need to have some simple placeholder/sample text entered to be able to create a new customer.
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- To prevent issues and unintended consequences, the ability to batch edit scan configurations has been removed from the portal. This was and unintended function of the batch edit facility.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scale scans to not execute due to no licenses available, despite the UI showing that licenses were available.
- Updated Scale reports to show OWASP applicable informational findings in yellow in the executive report.
- Fixed an issue with the AppSec Dashboard (currently in beta, by request only) that would cause the browser connection pool to be exhausted.
- Made significant performance improvements to the platform to support Agents GA.
- Improved detection for Tomcat.
- Improved protocol fingerprinting for Arcserve Backup.
- Fixed a bug where invalid Flash Player versions could be displayed.
- Added detection for Microsoft OneDrive Desktop App.
- Improved detection for Office on macOS.
- Improved detection of Alpine Linux packages.
- Added active detection of CVE-2014-2321.
- Fixed a bug, that in some instances, could allow users without a valid Farsight license to obtain Farsight risk scores for vulnerabilities..
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple scan schedules to use the same group instead of separate groups.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from filtering by scanner in the Audit log.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent certain files from being uploaded to the managed file library.
- Added the ability to set a timezone when configuring PCI scans.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a scan policy to disappear when trying to update it as a sub-user.
- Fixed an issue in exported reports that would incorrectly show exploit information originated from the Farsight data feed when no Farsight license was present. A message stating a Farsight license is required will be displayed for these exploit sources.
- Updated Cloudsec to cover all available AWS regions.
End of Life Announcement
SWAT Classic UI
We are announcing the End of Life of the SWAT Classic UI at the end of March 2022. At this point the UI will move into maintenance mode only for a further 6 months. We anticipate completing work on the SWAT migration to the Portal project as well as providing new AppSec based analytics in our upcoming Analytics based UI. More details on each of these will follow in due course.
- Official End of Life date: 31st March 2022
- Official End of Support date: 30th September 2022
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.