Release notes: 2019-04-23
The following material is proprietary to Outpost24. This material may not be disclosed in any manner to anyone other than the addressee and employees or authorized representatives of Outpost24.
As our business grows, and with more customers joining us, it has been necessary to grow our infrastructure accordingly to ensure we can continue to offer an ever-improving level of service to our customers.
To meet these needs, it has been necessary to extend the IP range from which scanning may originate.
The additional IPv4 range from which scans may originate is:
This is in addition to our existing network range of:
These IP ranges are exclusive to Outpost24, and any IPS whitelisting for PCI ASV scans should include these new ranges.
This information will also be available in the Support > Resources area of Outscan.
Netsec Performance Improvements
After the February release, as part of the ongoing performance improvements to Netsec (Outscan/HIAB) we will be removing information about which scanner was used from the findings in the report tool by default. Customers who wish to continue to see this information should reenable the column in the targets panel.
Furthermore, from the April release, we will remove the number of targets on each schedule in order to avoid doing an intensive calculation each time. This indicator will be available as a right click afterwards.
- Improve login examples.
- UI improvements, such as Summaries view.
- Support of .SIDE scripts for availability in the UI in May 2019.
- Added more views on information on shares, folders and files.
Improved Splunk integration to now support the HTTP Event Collector.
- Private IPs management to scan private instances when not publicly available.
- Add support for AWS Stockholm region.
- Performance improvement for Hardening Benchmark for Azure (3.x series with logging request).
- Update reference URL for Hardening Benchmark for Azure 7.6.
RESTFul API (Beta)
- A number of additional changes, enhancements and end points have been added to the API. Detailed information on the new functionality can be found in the API Documentation located here: https://outscan.outpost24.com/opi/rest/openapi.json.
- Added detection for Microsoft Word.
- Added detection for Apache Solr.
- Added compliance policy for PostgreSQL 9.5.
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Resolved bugs in Postgresql, Office 2016 detection, Hyper-V.
End of Life Announcement
Elastic Detector (ED)
Elastic Detector assessment features will be merged into Outscan and HIAB products. We are now formally announcing both the end of life and end of support dates for Elastic Detector.
- Official End of Life date: 31th December 2018
- Official End of Support date: 30th June 2019
We recommend all remaining Elastic Detector customers to contact their account managers to discuss upgrading to Outscan and HIAB as soon as possible and no longer than the formal end of life date.
Legacy Syslog Implementation
The current syslog implementation is undergoing a number of changes to correctly follow the necessary RFC’s (RFC5424 & RFC3164). We are formally announcing the end of life of the current syslog implementation. The current implementation will still be active until this time.
- Official End of Life date: 25th September 2018
- Official End of Support date: 26th February 2019
Appsec Scale UI and Swat UI EOL
The Scale Classic UI has now been removed from the Outscan Portal. The SWAT Classic UI will continue to be available for an additional three months before it will be deprecated. Currently we expect this to happen in June 2019.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.