Release Notes January 2023
Release Date: 2023-01-24
To ensure the continuous improvement of the services we are providing, there will be an number of service outages taking place over the next few weeks. This will only impact very specific areas of OUTSCAN, and disruption will be kept to a minimum.
Maintenance window OUTSCAN February 10-12 (2023-02-10 - 2023-02-12)
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance of OUTSCAN from February 10 to February 12. This affects OUTSCAN, OUTSCAN RC, SWAT, Scale, PCI and HIAB External customers.
During this time, OUTSCAN will be unreachable. Any scheduled scans will run once OUTSCAN is back online.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For any questions or concerns, please contact us through our helpdesk at https://support.outpost24.com.
- Assets may now belong to multiple AppStaks.
- Accepted Risk and False Positive flags are now visible for Netsec findings withing UV.
- Risk Scores now uses the Farsight values instead of Likelihood.
- Added the ability to both add and edit categories.
- The likelihood metric has now been depreciated with the Farsight scoring not taking its place. Further details can be found here: https://kb.outpost24.com/kb/release-notes-and-notices/release-notes-2022/farsight-update-information
Likelihood rating in exported reports
The Likelihood scoring will still be visible in exported reports. This will be rectified in our February release.
- Added TLS scanning for LDAP servers where only STARTTLS is supported
- Added compliance policy for Windows Server 2019
- Added compliance policy for Ubuntu 22.04
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Improved fingerprinting of VNC services
- Improved fingerprinting of services behind specific kinds of TLS encapsulation
- Resolved rare bug where scanner would fail scanning certain docker configurations
- Resolved rare bug where authenticated Windows Registry scanning could fail under certain configurations
- Fixed an issue with exporting compliance reports.
- Fixed an issue with reading GPG keys on HIAB which meant attachments were not included on emails.
- When downloading logs from HIAB, larger log files will now make use of the download manager.
- Ensured that Scans will not try to run if a HIAB has run out of disk space.
- Fixed an issue where malformed HEC events may be sent to a Splunk instance.
- Fixed an issue where creating specific types of Dynamic Groups may cause an error.
- Fixed an issue where moving targets between target groups may cause an error.
- Improved error handling when adding credentials in Portal.
- Aligned some data values in the Web Applications Dashboard.
- Improved handling of view templates.
End of Life Announcement
We are announcing the End of Life of the SWAT Classic UI. Due to feedback from customers we have extended the end of Support date for the SWAT Classic UI to the end February 2023.
- Official End of Life date: March 2022.
- Official End of Support date: February 2023.
© 2023 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.