© 2021 Outpost24® All rights reserved.
This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
Release Date: 2020-10-29
In the coming months, we are migrating the currently separate SWAT functionality of the Portal fully into the portal. Once this change is complete customers will be able to benefit from the capabilities and functionality of the portal - such as role based access control and being able to clearly identify which applications are using what type of license (SWAT, Snapshot, Assure). When we are ready to announce the release, we will provide a comprehensive overview of the functionality. If you want to be kept informed and provided with more details ahead of the release, contact Support or your Account Manager.
[Beta] Data Sovereign (DS) Agents
With the recent change in working practices with less people situated in an office, there has been a need to ensure that our customers can still get the security information about their endpoints. We earlier released the Outpost24 Agent, and are now happy to announce the Beta of our Data Sovereign Agent.
What is a DS Agent?
The standard Agent reports its information back to Outscan, so no matter where in the world that endpoint is located, if it has an Internet connection, you can be assured of its ability to report back its vulnerability information. Unfortunately, for some customers they have regulatory requirements where all data must stay within the confines of their environment. The DS Agent solves this by ensuring that the Agent communicates back to an Endpoint in the customers infrastructure.
Does a DS Agent just sent data back to a HIAB?
To support the DS Agent, some additional infrastructure is needed, specifically a server to run the Agent API server(s) and access to Object Storage to store the resulting Data. The Scheduling and reporting is, however, still maintained through the HIAB.
Where can I find more information?
If the DS Agent is of interest, please contact you local sales representative who will be able to arrange a call with one of our Sales Engineers to discuss the requirements in more detail.
- Added support for SHA-2 hash algorithm for signing to improved the security for SAML integrations.
- Added detection for Oracle VM Server.
- Replaced HIAB backup encryption with customer-specific key.
- Added vulnerability detection for CVE-2020-6287 SAP Netweaver (escalated release Oct 13th).
- Added trend for fixed vulnerabilities.
- Added area chart for findings trend.
- Added user roles and resource groups for integrations to IAM view (HIAB only).
- Added table widget.
- Added configuration options for Object Storage and Agent Server to support the Data Sovereign Agent configuration.
- Moved release notes update from xmlapi.
- Created REST API endpoint to run
- Added REST API endpoint to enroll customer services.
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Fixed exception in scheduling service which could result in scans getting stuck in an undertermined state
- Improved validation of email addresses.
- Increased Added informational message and increased timeout when importaing a large backup.
- Fixed error which occasionally occured when saving a report.
- Fixed an issue when sorting Agents by Last synchronized
- Fixed an error which may occur when deleting agents from schedules.
- Fixed an issue with using the JIRA integration for freshly enrolled HIABs.
- Fixed an error which occured when starting compliance update.
- Fixed an issue with sorting findings on the number of comments.
- Fixed an error message which may occur when doanloading reports.
- Improvments to processes which were locking the database for too long
- Improved agent retry behaviour.
- Fixed use of non default port in SSH test credentials
- Fixed an issue for updating last seen when importing report.
- Improved enrollment process for HIAB
- Fixed sorting of managed reports.
- Improved remote support
- Increased SMTP timeout
- Increased FTP timeout.
- Minor improvements in Splunk integration.
- Improved authenticated scans report with SUSE backporting
- Added backport detection for Cisco UCCX.
- Added new field drop down menu in credentials.
- Improved behavior on filters for specific protocols in order to not trigger alarms
- Fixed error messages when failing to email reports
- Fixed "PGP key is needed" message, while report is empty.
- Fixed Rules version Missing from "About" page.
- Fixed Latest image (2020-09-23) for Hyper-V where it was not possible to download logs.
- Improved speed fetching of data for batch starting scans.
- Fixed source of findings on Portal Dashboard.
- Fixed an issue with the Portal UI where it would not load correctly in some browsers.
- Fixed Tag filter ignoring integer values.
- Fixed bar graphs where the visible parts of the bar extended outside the screen, even if the value is low in relation to the scale
- Hide add integrations button when all integrations has been created
- Added hint for URL in integrations.
- Fixed Selenium side authentication no longer limited by scope.
- Fixed setting the attacked IP to resolution without looking at hostmap in Scale.
- Fixed Scale scans which seem to restart.
- Improved Selenium input box UI.
- Fixed handling of unlimited scale apps.
- Improve detection of jquery .
- Removed Scale findings from SWAT findings endpoint.
- Reset checkbox after choosing Docker images to scan when creating config.
End of Life Announcement
Elastic Workload Protector (EWP)
- Official End of Life date: 30th September 2020.
- Official End of Support date: 31st December 2020.
HIAB Network Monitor
- Official End of Life date: 31st October 2020.
- Official End of Support date: 31st January 2021.