© 2022 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
Release Date: 2020-04-21
Portal is the Outpost24 One-Stop shop for Appsec and Cloudsec. Rather than having separate menu items for each product, Appsec and Cloudsec customers just need to select Portal from the menu after login to access the new single interface for these and future Outpost24 products.
As part of the launch of the Portal, we have moved the menu items from the top of the UI to the left-hand side. These menu Items are the same as previous apart from Automation which contains scan schedules and report schedules.
Future Changes to How We Report Some Netsec Findings
As we continually improve our scan engine and the ways we report findings, we also collaborate with customers who provide valuable feedback on how we report certain findings to ensure that we can provide the best possible information, tied to the highest accuracy we can achieve. We also want to ensure we remove all possible confusion from findings and how we find them.
Based on feedback from a large number of customers, we are working towards refactoring the way we report the port number for what we term Implied Vulnerabilities where we may not be able to authenticated with the Operating System, but we can use other information gathered to make accurate assumptions.
For example, we enumerated the version of Windows based on another service (HTTP, SNMP etc.) we would, by default, report the finding as TCP 445, because that is how you would find it on Windows, or TCP 22 for Linux. The problem has been that this port may not be available, and so we had the potential to cause some confusion if we reported findings on TCP 445, but that port was not seen in the port scan phase.
To overcome this confusion, we are changing this from reporting the assumed port number to instead read Generic.
We are working towards ensuring that this change has as little impact on your current workflows as possible, and how we can ensure the continuation of Accepted Risks and False Positives across this change. Further updates will be provided during the completion of this change.
- Introduced Scheduled Reporting - The Portal now supports the ability for customers to create scheduled reports, assign a time, day; date; month; frequency etc, for when these reports should be generated and provide email addresses both for existing portal users, or external email addresses, for reports to be sent to. Scheduled reporting is supported for both Appsec Scale and Cloudsec reports.
- Introduced Task Progress - When performing a task on large amounts of data, such as Accepting Risks or Adding Targets, this can sometimes take a significant amount of time, holding up the UI and making it appear unresponsive or giving no clear indication when the task is complete. If a task is going to take a significant amount of time to complete, you will be given an on-screen notification and will be able to track progress in the 'Task Progress' section at the bottom of the UI.
Outpost24 Agent Beta [For Beta testers only]
- Agent software version is now available in Manage Targets.
- Last Synchronized date and time is now available in Manage Targets.
- Added supplementary information to the Cloudsec compliance view to provide additional value in the information provided, including any relevant notes, references, or CIS Controls.
- Added CIS Google Chrome v2.0.0
Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Fixed a bug which could cause the IAM module to crash when trying to assign rights to a user without the necessary permissions.
Improved reliability when assigning IAM roles in bulk.
- Added detection for Adobe After Effects
- Added detection for Adobe Media Encoder
- Added detection for ActiveMQ
- Improved detection for Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2019
- Improved implementation for updating Fedora detection
- Fixed an issue when exporting reports where not all of the information may have been included in the Excel report
- Fixed an issue where having over 100 Scan Schedules meant any selected scans outside the first 100 were not visible as selected
- Fixed an issue where setting a port scan range to a very large number of ports may cause an error due to the large value
- Fixed an issue where on occasions the Remote SSH Console could not be assigned to a specific interface
- Fixed an issue where a detailed PDF report cannot be generated if the gathered information is exceptionally large
- Fixed an issue where the Discovery Scan may ignore a TCP-RST response
- Likelihood rating has now been restricted to 2 decimal places to improve usability
- Fixed an issue where the filter settings to not carry across to the other tabs in Reporting Tools
- Fixed an issue with SWAT Dashboards where the trend did not always match the trend in the exported PDF
- Changed the way we report OWASP Top 10 compliance if we were not able to check for a specific entry
- Improved AWS Foundations benchmark
- Fixed an issue where a parsing error may be displayed, rather than the results for an individual hardening requirement
- Improved the report order for exported reports to improve readability
- Fixed an issue where Compliance Only scans were not being registered correctly for usage statistics
- Improved Appsec asset definition to avoid confusion.
End of Life Announcement
WAS Removal - In line with the previous End of Life communication, we have removed the WAS options from Outscan. Should you feel you still need WAS please contact your Outpost24 sales representative to discuss migration to Appsec Scale
EWP EoL - In our vision towards Full Stack Assessments in a Unified UI, we have integrated Cloudsec Inspect into the Outpost24 Portal. Thus we are deprecating EWP and start migrating our customers. EoL of EWP will happen during 3Q2020 and EoS in 4Q2020.