Release notes: 2019-03-28
© 2023 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.
The following material is proprietary to Outpost24. This material may not be disclosed in any manner to anyone other than the addressee and employees or authorized representatives of Outpost24.
As our business grows, and with more customers joining us, it has been necessary to grow our infrastructure accordingly to ensure we can continue to offer an ever-improving level of service to our customers.
To meet these needs, it has been necessary to extend the IP range from which scanning may originate.
The additional IPv4 range from which scans may originate is:
This is in addition to our existing network range of:
These IP ranges are exclusive to Outpost24, and any IPS whitelisting for PCI ASV scans should include these new ranges.
This information will also be available in the Support > Resources area of Outscan.
Netsec Performance Improvements
After the February release, as part of the ongoing performance improvements to Netsec (Outscan/HIAB) we will be removing information about which scanner was used from the findings in the report tool by default. Customers who wish to continue to see this information should reenable the column in the targets panel.
- Ability to submit applications for scoping
- New credential storage and submission for scoping purposes
- Lua examples available on
- SWAT Automated data retention guidelines
- Discovery renamed to Scout
- Added new dashboard
- Improvements on the UI
- Availability on Netsec appliances (HIAB)
- PCI compliance improvements
RESTFul API (Beta)
- A number of additional changes, enhancements and end points have been added to the API. Detailed information on the new functionality can be found in the API Documentation located here: https://outscan.outpost24.com/opi/rest/openapi.json
- Added detection for vSphere client
- Added detection for Tanium client
- Added detection for FireEye Endpoint Agent
- Added detection for Carbon Black Protection
- Added detection for McAfee endpoint products
- Added active detection for Drupal RCE (CVE-2019-6340)
- Improved detection of SMTP
- Improved detection of Heartbleed
- Resolved bugs related to Hadoop checks
- Resolved bug in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC detection
- Resolved bug related to FTP service fingerprinting
- Resolved bug where portscanner SSH verification could fail
- Resolved bug where the "SSH Authentication Failed" rule could trigger despite valid credentials
- Added compliance policy for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Resolved bug in hardening policy for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Benchmark v1.1.0
Web Application Scanning
- Improved detection of database error messages
- Resolved bugs related to various product detection
- Resolved minor bugs related to X-Content-Type-Options
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements
- Internal granular time limit settings for SWAT tasks
- Redesigned Service details and Asset details
- Moved attributes in the output from GET
/appliances/imagesto the root of the image object
- Removed limitation of 2 levels for reporting
- Improved permissions handling
- Removed HTTP code in error message
- Fixed Live status when scan fails
- Fixed sending event information other than email
- Added check for credential submission
- Fixed some EWP API authorization
- Updated some EWP Libraries
End of Life Announcement
Elastic Detector (ED)
Elastic Detector assessment features will be merged into Outscan and HIAB products. We are now formally announcing both the end of life and end of support dates for Elastic Detector.
- Official End of Life date: 31th December 2018
- Official End of Support date: 30th June 2019
We recommend all remaining Elastic Detector customers to contact their account managers to discuss upgrading to Outscan and HIAB as soon as possible and no longer than the formal end of life date.
Legacy Syslog Implementation
The current syslog implementation is undergoing a number of changes to correctly follow the necessary RFC’s (RFC5424 & RFC3164). We are formally announcing the end of life of the current syslog implementation. The current implementation will still be active until this time.
- Official End of Life date: 25th September 2018
- Official End of Support date: 26th February 2019
Appsec Scale UI and Swat UI EOL
The Scale Classic UI has now been removed from the Outscan Portal. The SWAT Classic UI will continue to be available for an additional three months before it will be deprecated. Currently we expect this to happen in June 2019.