This document describes the remote support service.
The remote support function allows the Outpost24 support to remotely access a customers HIAB through SSH.
To connect to Outpost24 remote support servers, the HIAB must be able to communicate outward to
osrss.outpost24.com on TCP port 22, as well as have
deep packet inspection disabled in the firewall.
Any proxy need to be disable for the connection as this could interfere.
Activate Remote Support
By activating Remote Support, you allow the support team at Outpost24 to access the back-end of your HIAB. This is mainly used for troubleshooting if any issues occur during the operational use of your HIAB.
There are two ways of doing this, via the HIAB Console or through the HIAB GUI.
- To Activate the Remote Support in the HAIB Console, press c while in the Main menu.
To Deactivate, press c again.
- Retrieve a SSH-key by navigating to HIABIP is the IP of the actual HIAB. By entering this URL you download a file which contains the key.
- Copy + Paste the the given public key into a support ticket.
- Log in to the HIAB GUI.
- Go to Main Menu > Support.
- Right click Enabling Remote Support allows support to connect to the machine.
When the remote support has been enabled, please provide us with the public key located under Main Menu -> Support.
- Copy + Paste the the given public key into your support ticket.
© 2024 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.