This document provides users with an overview of the Scheduling function in the Common Portal.
This document provide a step-by-step guide for configuring schedules to be used in scanning and reports. A scheduled scan is an audit that is scheduled to run automatically on a specific date/time and at a specific frequency. Scheduled scans can be set to execute once or periodically.
Schedules can also be created in the respective function when setting up a scan or a report, and are also visible in Schedules once saved and can be edited here as well.
This document has been elaborated under the assumption that the reader has access to the OUTSCAN/HIAB account and Portal Interface with a Netsec subscription.
Navigate to Automation > Schedules.
The schedule is also accessible through the Schedules tab in Configuration > Scan Configuration.
Add a Schedule
- Click on the green Plus icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen to open the Add schedule window.
Fill in the schedule form.
Provide a name for the schedule.
Set a time when the schedule must be triggered. The time value is saved in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and the offset corresponds to the system time in the user web browser and therefore might differ for users accessing the schedule options in different time zones. For example, a schedule time set to 10:00 in July (summertime) by a user located in Copenhagen
(UTC+2) appears as 09:00 to a user located in London (UTC+1) at the same time.
Scan window How long is the period where scanning is allowed. Minimum period is 1 hour and maximum is 7 days. Recurrence
Determines the frequency of the scheduled scan. Select one of the available options in the menu:
Option Description None The scan will never run. Once The scan is scheduled to run only once on a select start date. Hour Set the recurrence window by providing the Number of hours in this field. Day
Set the recurrence window by providing the Number of days in this field.
Example: If set to 2, it means that the scan is scheduled to run once in every 2 days.
Week Select on which days of the week the scan should run. Month Select the occurrence of days, weekday, day of the month when the scan should run. Year Select on which the day of year the scheduled scan should run.
A scan is not restarted when a schedule is triggered while it is still running. It starts when the next schedule time ticks.
N-th Depending on recurrence, Every sets the amount of Hour, Day, Week, Month, Year.
N-th=1, Recurrence=Day = Every day.
N-th=3, Recurrence=Month = Every third month.
N-th=2, Recurrence=Week = Every other week.
Starts on Set the start date for the schedule. Ends on Set an end date for the schedule. The schedule becomes inactive after this date. Ends after_occurrences Set the number of occurrences the schedule must be triggered before it becomes inactive. Never ends If set, the schedule never becomes inactive.
- Click on the ADD button to schedule the configuration.
Edit a Schedule
Click on an existing schedule to open the edit function. Follow the same steps as Add a Schedule and click the Save button.
Removing a Schedule
- Select the schedule you want to remove by ticking the box to the left on the row.
- Click on the bin icon at the bottom of the screen to delete the schedule.
- Confirm by clicking the red DELETE button.
To see the schedule click on the Scan Calendar tab You can select between a Month or Week view.
The scheduled scans are displayed in blue and the Blocked Time Slots in red. To adjust the view to other time zone than saved in the schedule, select above Month/Week toggle desired time zone.
The Blocked Time Slots are time periods where scanning is not allowed. If a scan interfere with a blocked time slot, the scan is set to pending during that time and resumes after the time slot is over.
Blocked Time Slots
To block specific time slots click in the calendar to add or remove blocks. To select or deselect multiple block, click and drag across desired area to mark on unmark blocks.
The blocked time is displayed in the Scan Calendar tab as red blocks.
The number in the tab name indicates the number of days that have Blocked Time Slots.
- A schedule is set to run only once on 2023-02-02 at 2:00 PM:
- A schedule is set to run everyday at 11:00 AM, starting on 2023-01-20:
- A schedule is set to run every week on Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 AM, starting on 2023-01-20:
- A schedule is set to run continuously on every second Tuesday of every third month at 9:30 AM, starting on 2023-01-20:
- A schedule is set to run on 18th of every month at 10:00 PM, starting on 2023-01-20:
- A schedule is set to run on 18th of every month at 10:00 PM, starting on 2023-01-20 and disabled after 4 occurrences in other words, the scan runs only four times:
- A schedule is set to run on 18th of every month at 10:00 PM, starting on 2023-01-20 and disabled from 2024-01-01, 00:00:
© 2023 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.