This document provides users with an overview of the Configuration.
The Scan configuration view consists of the target information that links to an asset, and the scan settings.
Scan settings include Automated scanning process, allowing restriction of scan duration and its impact on the scanned asset such as the cloud account and the compliance policy.
Basic access to the OUTSCAN/HIAB account and a Netsec, Appsec, or Cloudsec subscription is needed to access the Portal.
Setting up a Cloudsec Scan Configuration
- Open a browser and navigate to https://outscan.outpost24.com/portal, or click the Main Menu > Portal in your OUTSCAN/HIAB.
- In the Portal menu column on the left hand side, click Configuration to expand it.
- Click Scan configurations to open the Scan configurations view.
- To create a new configuration click on the green Plus sign down on the right hand side.
- Select which assessment to use, for this example Cloud assessment is chosen.
- Select Credentials from the drop down menu. See Scan Credentials for more information on how to set up scan credentials.
- Select Policy from the drop down menu.
- Select which Regions to scan. For further information about AWS regions see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-regions-availability-zones.html.
- Click on the blue Add button in the lower right corner to add the configuration.
On the Schedules tab, you create a schedule when the scan should run. The schedule is also accessible through Automation > Schedules in the main menu to the left.
Blocked Time Slot can not be set in Scan Configuration. To set Blocked Time Slot open the schedule in Automation > Schedules.
© 2023 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® and its affiliated companies. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective owners.