This document provides users with an overview of the Configuration.
The Scan configuration view consists of the target information that links to an asset, and the scan settings.
Scan settings include Automated scanning process, allowing restriction of scan duration and its impact on the scanned asset such as the cloud account and the compliance policy.
Basic access to the OUTSCAN/HIAB account and a Netsec, Appsec, or Cloudsec subscription is needed to access the Portal.
Setting up a Cloudsec Scan Configuration
- Open a browser and navigate to https://outscan.outpost24.com/portal, or click the Main Menu > Portal in your OUTSCAN/HIAB.
- In the Portal menu column on the left hand side, click Configuration to expand it.
- Click Scan configurations to open the Scan configurations view.
- To create a new configuration click on the green Plus sign down on the right hand side.
- Select which assessment to use, for this example Cloud assessment is chosen.
- Select Credentials from the drop down menu. See Scan Credentials for more information on how to set up scan credentials.
- Select Policy from the drop down menu.
- Select which Regions to scan. For further information about AWS regions see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-regions-availability-zones.html.
- Click on the blue Add button in the lower right corner to add the configuration.
On the Schedules tab, you configure when the scan should run.
Add a Schedule
- Click on the green Plus icon located on the bottom of the panel to open the Add schedule window.
Select Create new schedule.
Provide a name for the schedule.
Set a time when the schedule must be triggered. The time value is saved in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and the offset corresponds to the system time in the user web browser and therefore might differ for users accessing the schedule options in different time zones. For example, a schedule time set to 10:00 in July (summertime) by a user located in Copenhagen
(UTC+2) appears as 09:00 to a user located in London (UTC+1) at the same time.
Recurrence / Every
Determines the frequency of the scheduled scan. Select one of the available options in the menu:
Option Description None Once The scan is scheduled to run only once on a select start date. Minute Set the recurrence window by providing the Number of minutes in this field. If set, the scan is schedules to run every nth minute. Hour Set the recurrence window by providing the Number of hours in this field. Day
Set the recurrence window by providing the Number of days in this field.
Example: If set to 2, it means that the scan is scheduled to run once in every 2 days.
Week Select on which days of the week the scan should run. Month Select the occurrence of days, weekday, day of the month when the scan should run. Year Select on which the day of year the scheduled scan should run.
A scan is not restarted when a schedule is triggered while it is still running. It starts when the next schedule time ticks.
On these days
Determines what days of the week the scheduled scan should run. Select one of the available options in the menu.
Occurrence of the weekday
Determines occurrence of the selected weekday the scheduled scan should run.
2,3 - will schedule 2nd and 3rd selected weekday in the month
Day of the month
Determines what day of the month the scheduled scan should run.
4,8,10 - will schedule 4th, 8th and 10th day of the month.
Starts on Set the start date for the schedule. Ends on Set an end date for the schedule. The schedule becomes inactive after this date. Ends after_occurrences Set the number of occurrences the schedule must be triggered before it becomes inactive. Never ends If set, the schedule never becomes inactive.
- Click on the blue ADD button to add the schedule to the configuration.
Edit a Schedule
- Click on the Edit icon to update an existing schedule.
- Click on the Delete icon to remove an existing schedule
- A schedule is set to run only once on 2020-02-02 at 2 PM:
- A schedule is set to run everyday at 11 AM, starting on 2020-02-02:
- A schedule is set to run every week on Tuesday and Thursday at 9 AM, starting on 2019-09-27:
- A schedule is set to run every second Tuesday of every third month at 9:30 AM, starting on 2019-09-27:
- A schedule is set to run on 18th of every month at 10 PM, starting on 2019-09-27:
- A schedule is set to run on 18th of every month at 10 PM, starting on 2019-09-27 and disabled after 4 occurrences in other words, the scan runs only four times:
- A schedule is set to run on 18th of every month at 10 PM, starting on 2019-09-27 and disabled from 2020-01-01, 00:00:
© 2022 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.