Document Version: 1.5
© 2021 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
The purpose of this document is to provide users a comprehensive overview of Cloudsec functionalities. This document has been elaborated under the assumption that the reader has access to the OUTSCAN account.
Log in to https://outscan.outpost24.com using your credentials.
Use HTTPS protocol.
Go to Main Menu > Portal.
To scan and access the Cloud compliance scan results,
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Refer to Generate GCP Credentials, for help with creating service account and key.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Refer to Generate AWS Credentials, for help with creating Amazon Web Services credentials.
- Azure: Refer to Generate Azure Credentials, for help with creating Azure credentials.
Configure access to your Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Refer to Scan Credentials, to manage your accounts.
Refer to Configuration Settings, to configure scan settings.
Refer to Scans, for the introduction to scans.
Click on Compliance to view the results of the compliance policy status associated with an asset.
Click on a policy name to view its details.
The details include:
- Asset name
- First seen
- Last seen
- First failed
- Last failed
Expand the Filter and Settings panel to add or remove visible columns in the results.
It is now possible to filter on specific cloud providers without trying the textual style filter in the Cloudsec Compliance view.
In the following example, we have a filter set on the following items:
- Three assets are selected in the Assets column.
- Compliance is set to display All.
- Category is set to display Network.
- Human check is set to display All.
- Asset type is set to display Azure Tenant ID.
- Asset name is sort in inverse alphabetic order.
Manage Compliance Findings
Select one or more findings, and choose one of the actions that is displayed on the bottom bar:
The possible user actions are:
- Click on Add tags to add a tag to the selected finding.
Click on Remove tags to remove a tag applied to the selected finding.
- Click on the Mark as Exception icon,
- Add a date until when the compliance finding needs to be excepted and click OK.
- Add a comment for your reference.
Click on the Unmark as Exception icon, to revert the status of that compliance finding.
- Click on the Mark as false positive icon to mark a compliance finding as false positive.
- Click on the Unmark false positive icon to unmark a compliance finding as false positive.
Refer to Reports, for detailed information.
- Click on the Logout icon located on the right in toolbar.
- This opens the logout dialog.
- Click LOGOUT to exit the application.