© 2021 Outpost24® All rights reserved. This document may only be redistributed unedited and unaltered. This document may be cited and referenced only if clearly crediting Outpost24® and this document as the source. Any other reproduction and redistribution in print or electronically is strictly prohibited without explicit permission.
Outpost24® and OUTSCAN™ are trademarks of Outpost24® in Sweden and other countries.
This document describes all the steps necessary to change the disc size on a HIAB on Amazon Web Service (AWS).
An instance is a virtual server in the AWS Cloud. You launch an instance from an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) which provides the operating system, application server, and applications for your instance.
See Amazon documentation on how to launch and use instances for more information.
Make sure that the HIAB image is properly set up on AWS, see Import Cloud Image on AWS for more information.
Change Hard Drive Size on HIAB in AWS
To change hard drive size on your HIAB in AWS:
- Log in to your AWS Management Console and stop your instance from running.
- Go to Services > EC2 > Instances.
- Select the instance you want to expand the disk space on and click on the Actions button and Stop the instance from running.
- Once the instance has stopped, navigate to Elastic Block Store > Volumes.
- Select the volume you want to increase and click the Actions button.
- Click the Modify Volume option and enter the number of GB you want in the Size field.
- Click the Modify button once to finish.
- Restart the instance and it will expand automatically.
Amazon EC2 User Guide - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/concepts.html